Thursday, August 18, 2011

Measurements for a Convention Swap

 Hi Stampers,
Aren't these the cutest little purses?  I got all three of them as a swap this year at convention!!  The red one in the back came from Joanna Ellis-Valenzuela (she said that the original idea came from France Martin).  The white one in the front came from Linda Levenille.  And the blue one in the back came from Carrie McCoy.  Thank you ladies I loved the swaps!!  Carrie's is held together by brads only, no adhesive.  She did that so I could take it apart to get all the measurements to make it myself, so that is
what I did and now I would like to share them with you!!
 Here is what the inside looks like.  Linda's used 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon (pg. 195 of the IB&C, Idea Book and Catalog) for the handle on her purse.  The handles are about 7" long.

Here I am pointing to the top edge of the purse.  Carrie even stamped little butterflies from the Clearly for You stamp set (pg. 136 IB&C) on hers.  I hope you can see them, cause they are cute.  This piece of card stock is 1" x 3 1/2" folded in half, which makes it 1/2" x 3 1/2".  You can also see how she held her purse together with the brands.




Here are the measurement.  Start with a 6" x 6" piece of DSP (Designer Series Paper pg. 183-186 IB&C).  Score one side at 2 1/2" and the side at 1 1/4".  Then to make the sides of the purse, measure down 1 1/4" and score diagonal to where the two score lines meet.  Then back up to the center.  The clasp on the top is made from punches.  Joanne used the Four Frames stamp set (pg. 141, IB&C) with the Decorative Label punch (pg. 209, IB&C).  I hope you can see that in the first picture.  Just fold over the label and add some velcro.

I plan to make purses for my kids' teachers.  I will put a little chocolate in there.  Just a little back to school treat/bride, I want my kids to get good grades (ha ha just joking).

Hope you enjoyed this little tutorial.
Have fun stamping!!
Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment