Thursday, December 13, 2012

Gift Exchange

Kindred Inkers (my upline's group) had a gift exchange party.  Terry provided a make-n-take:

What a beautiful project and talk about fast and easy.  It's amazing what some glimmer paper and a MDS (My Digital Studio) download can do to a cheap frame!!



This is the gift I got.  Boni made it.  I love how she made the sewing kit out of a Mason jar!  See how she put the DSP (Designer Series Paper) in the pin case and on the back of the needles to tie them all together?  I think this is a great gift idea.  And WOW how pretty is that ornament?  Boni got the ornament from Pinterest.  I want to make some ornaments as gifts, so as I made the ornament I took some pictures to make a tutorial.  



Cut 12 circles of each color (I used 3 1/2" circles) then fold in half














      Glue all the half circles together alternating color.

They should look like this when you have them all together.

This is the top, it's flat on the table.



Make tag.  My paper was about 1" wide.

Run Linen Thread through a button.

Put the tag on the Linen Thread.  Button on bottom, Tag on top.

Lay thread over folded paper.



I glued my thread to the paper.

Glued sides together.

To create a ball


    Hot glue the top and bottom of the circle 
together on one color.


Hot glue the center of the other color.

So it looks like this.


This is what it looks like from the top.

Tie a bow out of ribbon.


Glue bow to top of tag.

The finished Project

I hope my tutorial was helpful.  I can't believe how hard the picture tutorials are to make!!

Happy Stamping,
Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment